× Home Trail Rides Hikes Mustang Trips
Horse Drives
Day Rides
Custom Hikes
Private Pack Trips
Packing School
Base Camps
Spot Trips
Find Us
General Info
WILDERNESS PERMITS for our guests are issued from our commercial quota, NOT from the general public quota.


On these trips you hire us to pack you and your supplies around the Sierras. We will take you wherever you want to go and stay with you throughout the duration of the trip. We move your camp to each of the places you want to stay and on layover days we are available to take you on day rides.

The packer and stock remain with your party throughout the duration of the trip. Camp gear and provisionsand all food are provided by the you.You do all your own chores. Client is responsible for feeding the packer.

Prices are based on the number of packers, horses, and mules you need.
There is generally a minimum of four pack or saddle animals required for the service. The client will be paying for a pack animal dedicated to the packer's gear and the livestock supplies.

Per day
Packer (including horse) $500
Horses and mules (each) $210
The Forest Service limits pack stock by a 1:1.5 stock-to-person ratio.

We rent aluminum BEAR-PROOF BOXES 12"x20"x22.5" for $8/day.
pack box pack box open

Call us TODAY at 760-872-8331 for a quick response to your questions.
You can email us, also.

officialbar.jpg - 8505 Bytes

Rock Creek Pack Station, Inc operates under permit on the Inyo National Forest.
All Trail Rides and Packing Schools are subject to an 8% regulatory reservation fee, plus 2% USFS fee.
Horse Drives are are subject to an 8% regulatory reservation fee, plus 3% USFS fee.
Mustang Trips are are subject to a 3% USFS fee.
Trips traveling in the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are subject to an additional 3% park use fee.

NOTICE: In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDAs TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information is also available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027 , found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html , or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provided in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (a) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (b) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (c) email:program.intake@usda.gov.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

Last Updated: April 30, 2024
Copyright © 2005-2024 Rock Creek Pack Station - All Rights Reserved